- Collaborates with and directs the work of Diversey’s Global Regulatory Affairs Service Center (GRASC) ensuring delivery of compliant Safety Data Sheet (SDS), labels and other compliance and reporting tasks at a cycle-time rate that remains acceptable for effective product development, innovation and commercialization processes.
- Collaborates with more senior colleagues and the Service Center to respond to internal and external customer concerns regarding the regulatory compliance status of Diversey chemical products to deliver efficient, cost effective best in class service to customers and the business.
- Supports company-wide compliance through compilation of required data to prepare and submit VOC CARB/OTC, EPA/CDR, TSCA 12B, NDSL reports to appropriate regulatory bodies
- Maintains and continuously expands knowledge of relevant regulations. Actively follows proposed changes in regulations and relevant industry trade associations.
- Strives to become recognized within the business and leveraged as an internal subject matter expert in the area of chemical product compliance.
- Assists with maintenance of regulatory affairs operating records including updating and maintaining: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), North America Compliance intranet site, and product and ingredient information in WERCS, amongst others.
- BA/BS in Chemistry (preferred), Industrial Hygiene, Toxicology, Pharmacology or related required. Master’s Degree desired.
- Knowledge of health, safety, packaging, labeling and transportation regulations that apply to chemicals and formulated products in the Professional, Industrial and Consumer setting in the US and Canada
- 2+ years of experience in a corporate regulatory environment with proven track record of responsibility for chemical compliance with health, safety, packaging, labeling and transportation regulations in the Professional and Industrial setting in the US and Canada
- 3+ years of experience with MS Office and Google programs. Demonstrated ability to create, manage and analyze data using spreadsheets.
- Some travel required, generally <10
- DOT/IMDG/IATA Certification
- Experience with UL Wercs Regulatory Compliance Software, WERCSmart Retail Portal, ERP Systems, SQL, MS Access and other databases tools highly desired
- Knowledge of international chemical regulations governing product compliance and registration
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and programs such as FDA, USDA, FSMA and HACCP
- Knowledge of FDA regulations governing Medical Devices, OTC drugs and cosmetics
- Knowledge of antimicrobial pesticide registration requirements applying to chemical products in the US and Canada
- Demonstrated ability to set realistic goals and timetables to execute those goals.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to read, analyze, and summarize complex regulatory documents and communicate impacts and actions to internal stakeholders within the company.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel. Demonstrated ability to create and format Excel spreadsheets, manage and analyze data using pivot tables and other Excel tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Diversey provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to be considered for any position to be filled unless the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this position at https://diversey.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Diversey/job/USA---SC--Fort-Mill-Headquarters/Senior-Regulatory-Compliance-Specialist_R0003768